300 W Davis Ste 450, Conroe, TX 77301-2897  USA



In family law practice, courts will generally require the parties to use some sort of alternative dispute resolution to resolve their disputes before granting any contesting hearing before the judge or a jury. This is usually in the form of mediation.

Mediation is a type of alternative dispute resolution used to help facilitate an agreement between parties without having a contested hearing before a judge or a jury. This not only helps courts run an efficient docket, but it also helps the parties avoid the potentially extremely high costs of fighting their cases in a courtroom. Through mediation, a mediator, who is a neutral third party, works with the parties and their attorneys to settle disputed issues without the necessity of a court battle. The majority of family law settle through mediation. In most courts in Texas, and every court that handles family law cases in Montgomery County, mediation is an almost absolute requirement.

Mediation provides a multitude of benefits to attorneys and their clients. Mediation allows the parties to craft a more customized resolution to their issues. No one knows your life better than you do, so whether the dispute is over child custody, possession and access to children, child support, or division of property, so mediation allows the parties to create a more fitting solution to their problems. Mediation also allows you to avoid the potentially high costs of a protracted court battle. Regardless of the simplicity or complexity of your family law issues, I can help you and your attorney attempt to reach an agreement through the mediation process.

If you have questions about mediation or want to schedule a mediation, please call me at (936) 756-7297. If you have filed for divorce on your own and the judge has ordered mediation, I can mediate your case and fulfill the requirement of the court.

*Jeremy D. Finch is a licensed attorney in the State of Texas, however as a mediator, he represents no party to the mediation and is only attempting to facilitate a settlement.

Serving Montgomery County and all surrounding counties